AT&T Router Login, Setting , Ip Address & Default Password
AT&T is a US giant company offering a wide range of telecommunication services and products, aimed at various types of users. It offers unified devices to access the internet from PC and hybrid web access devices. However, you need to configure an AT&T router modem or gateway before you can access web without using wires.
Setting up the AT&T router devices is not much difficult. It does not take much time as long as you know the right procedure. However, you may also need to access the log in page of such devices later for various needs.
Why you may want to access and use AT&T router web UI
Under certain situations, you may have to use the AT&T router log in the UI. These are:
• When you want to alter the default network name
• When you have to alter Wi-Fi network name and passwords
• When you want to modify DHCP client addresses
• When you have to make changes to firewall settings
Log in the process for AT&T router modem devices
1. At first, you will need to plug in the Router to a suitable electrical outlet and switch it on.
2. Then switch on the computer and connect it to the router device. This can be done either through wifi or an Ethernet cable. For logging into the device’s UI, using an Ethernet cable is better.
3. The router may take some time before the stabilization phase is reached. Initially, you will find its LED indicators blinking fast and they will become solid glow within a few minutes. This will indicate you can use it.
4. Based on your computer’s security software, you may need to deactivate it temporarily.
5. Now, you will need to use a web browser to access the log in page of the router. Using any browser will do, but it is advisable that you use browsers like chrome or Firefox. In the browser’s address bar, type in the default IP address of the router. It is usually http://192.168.0.1 or you can also choose to input http://ATT.Router.
6. This will bring up the WEB UI for the AT&T router modem device. You will have to provide the default device user name and its password at this juncture. This is typical ‘admin’. You will have to follow the on-screen prompts to wrap up the installation.
After logging in to the web UI of the router and setting it up you will be able to change a number of settings. For example, you can modify passwords. Set web access limitations for various devices, tweak network security settings and more. However, it is always advisable that you either take a screenshot of the default settings or wrote them down before making such changes.
Resetting your AT&T router modem
Like any other router, your AT&T router modem or gateway may develop temporary snags occasionally. From freezing web UI to slower connections and frequent network disconnections- you may have to face several inconveniences. Usually, a reboot of the device is enough to resolve such performance issues. At times, rebooting the router may not be enough. You may have to reset the device.
Nuances of resetting a router
Before you reset your router, you must be aware of the outcome. Resetting a device like a router will set it back to factory settings. This will help resolve performance issues. However, the network configurations and all settings will get erased and you will have to set them up from scratch once again. This is something that cannot be helped. It is advisable that you locate the device documentation before resetting the router modem.
How to reset the router?
To reset your router, you will have to use the reset button. There are some routers that can be reset to default settings through software/web UI too. However, the UI may behave erratically or become inaccessible at times, leaving hard reset the only available option.
At first, locate the reset button which is typically placed at the back of the router. If it is recessed, use emails or a pin to press it. You have to press and hold it for some time- 10-15 seconds in most cases. Then, you will find the leds blinking and the device rebooting. After the reboot is complete, you will have to set it up again.
In case, you find even resetting the router does not fix the problems, it is possible that it is a serious hardware level problem and that cannot be resolved by you. You will have to contact the AT&T customer support section.