Comcast Xfinity Router Login, Setting , Ip Address & Default Password
Comcast is among the companies that make router and networking components for a wide range of users. However, the company also offers high speed internet access service for the users.
Like the router and internet access devices made by many other brands, Comcast router or internet gateways (as the company names them) may develop snags. Sometimes, a reboot will resolve those hiccups and sometimes, you may need to reset the device and run initial setup again.
Comcast Xfinity router login Comcast business router login forgot Xfinity router password
Logging in to Comcast Xfinity router: why do it?
You may want to log in to a Comcast Xfinity Router for many reasons. It can be owing to changing some internet access settings. You may also want to check the router settings when you suspect someone may have changed the settings in your absence, causing the device to behave erratically. The logging in is simple and you need not be technically expert to accomplish this.
Logging into Comcast router: what you need
- A Comcast router modem device
- A PC, can be a laptop or desktop
- An Ethernet cable
- A web browser
The Comcast Xfinity Router Login procedure
- At first, you will have to switch on the Comcast router and switch on the PC too.
- The Router will boot up and initially, the LEDs will blink. When the lights are stabilized it indicates the device is ready for use.
- Connect the router with the computer through the Ethernet ports and use an Ethernet cable.
- Now, you will have to use the browser. Any web browser will do, but most people stick to browsers like chrome and Firefox.
- In the browser’s address bar type the default log in id for Comcast routers. It will be either http://192.168.100.1 or http://192.168.1.1. For some Comcast models, it can be http://10.0.0.1.
- Next, you will have to type in its default password and username. Use admin for both fields and else, check the device documentation.
The alternative way for logging in
Sometimes, you may be unable to locate the device documentation for your Comcast router. It may have been lost or misplaced. However, there is an alternative method for Comcast router log in and that is not hard either! It is possible to obtain the exact IP address of your Comcast Xfinity router by using the command prompt.
- At first, you need to press the windows button on your PC’s keyboard and R –simultaneously.
- This will bring up the run dialog box.
- Type in ‘cmd” in the box and then press enter.
- This will bring up the Command Prompt window.
- Type “ipconfig” and again press the enter key.
- The adapter information will contain a value called Default Gateway.
- The IP address will be located inside that value.
- Now, you can use that to log in to the Comcast router and gain access to its UI for setting tweaking, etc.
However, there is no alternative method for finding the device’s default password and username for logging in.
Resetting a Comcast Infinity Router: when to do
In certain situations, you may have to reset your Comcast router modem device. When you find the following problems and they can’t be resolved by rebooting the device or changing the settings, Reset remains the only viable option.
The symptoms include:
- The router UI is inaccessible, or it is getting stuck
- The router receives internet signal, but pages do not open
- Speed is abysmally low
- The router gets disconnected quite often
How to reset a Comcast router
Resetting a Comcast router is pretty simple.
- At first, you have to locate the reset button. For most models, it is placed at the backside of the router. It will be a round knob, you typically recessed to prevent unintentional press.
- The recessed button may be a bit hard to use normally unless you have long nails! You may take a thin tipped object like a pin.
- Now, use that pin to press the reset button and keep it pressed for 3 seconds or so.
- The lights on the router will blink and go off and turn on gradually.
- Once the router reboots completely, you will have to run the initial log in process with default passwords and user id. It will also be a prudent step to alter the wifi password after setting the router up properly.
The reset typically resolves most router problems. If you still find your Comcast router is acting weird, it may be a good idea to contact the customer care for better troubleshooting.