The SURFboard SBG6580 Wi-Fi Modem is multiple quality device within one device. DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Dual-Band 802.11n Wi-Fi Access Point and 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router. It is capable of download speeds up to 343 Mbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 300 Mbps, the SBG6580 is still affordable and best for the home network.
Therefore, read this article to know about the SURFboard Router Login at one place!
- First of all, check whether the cables are connected properly or not to the device and the router.
- Ensure the condition of the Ethernet Cable connected to the router is working properly or not.
- Also. connect the router to a properly working switchboard to avoid unnecessary fluctuations.
Procedure to Follow | SPG6580
- Launch your preferred web browser from your PC or Laptop.
- Enter the IP Address https://192.168.0.1 in the search bar.
- You’ll be redirected to the Login Page of the Motorola SPG6580.
- Generally, the login ID and Password for the router are:-
- Username:- admin
- Password:- motorola / password
NOTE:- If still, the login problems persist, you can find the official id and password on the official website of the company or try finding it on the back of the router.
- Click LOGIN
Change the Login ID and Password
- It is advisable to change your SPG6580’s default Id and Password to avoid any tampering of settings.
- So to change the default settings, go to the Status option from the top left corner.
- Then, select the Security tab in it.
- Here, you can change the ID and create a New Password as per your wish.
- And Click APPLY.
- You can access the Default Gateway of your computer using the Command Prompt.
- First, open the Command Prompt by typing the ‘cmd’ in the search bar.
- Then, type “ipconfig” in the cmd.
- It will open the IP Configuration date of your computer.
- You can easily see your IP Address here.
A factory reset will make the modem into the factory settings. It will clear all settings such as personalized wireless names, passwords, etc.
- To reset, first, find the reset pinhole at the back of the modem between the Power and Ethernet ports.
- Take a small pointy object (a toothpick or a safety pin) and press it into the hole and hold for a minimum of 3 seconds until the lights on the modem flash.
- Once the lights have stabilized check services again.
This article is a complete solution to the SURFboard Router Login, Setting, IP Address and the Default Password. You shall find all the required details by carefully reading the article and finish your work without any confusion.
You can also check my other article about the Router Login and Password on my blog router-login.info. If you’ve any queries or suggestions, you can write them in the comment section. I’ll get to you as soon as possible.