Arris Router Login, Setting , Ip Address & Default Password
The majority of web users resort to using modems and routers for accessing the internet. Routers are made by many brands and Arris is one of them. The company also makes Modem and router hybrid devices for web access minus fuss. You may have to access the Arris wireless router using the default login procedure from time to time, and occasionally the device may need to be checked for errors.
When you may need to log into the web UI of Arris Router
For the following needs, you may have to log in the Arris router modem and aces its WEB UI:
- Changing the default network name
- Changing the device user name & password
- Changing the wifi name & password
- Change Firewall controls
- Change access controls
How to log in Arris router using default log in credentials
The process for logging in to Arris router is quite simple and it does not take much time either. You will need:
- A supported web browser
- A PC- either laptop or desktop will do
- An Ethernet cable for connection
- The router device
The Arris router log in process
- At first, connecting the Arris router modem with the computer is necessary. This can be done in two ways. Either you use the device using wifi to the PC or take an Ethernet cable for the same.
- Now, switch on both the PC and the router. The router will need some time before you can use it. At first, the LEDs will blink fast and slowly they will stabilize.
- Now, open the browser and in its address bar, you have to type in the default IP address of Arris router.
- It should be 192.168.0.1 If this fails to work, check out the documentation of the device. You may go for browsers like Firefox, Safari or Chrome.
- At the next step, you will get the Web UI and inputting the password and username will be necessary. It is usually ‘admin’ but once again, you can check device documentation.
- Once the logging in is done, you will be able to access router settings and change it as per the need.
- However, you should change router settings when you know what they mean. You may also write down or take snapshot of current settings before making any changes.
If you can’t find the default IP address of the router, and the documentation is also not available, another option is available. You may use the command prompt in windows and type ipconfig to figure out the device’s default IP address and use it for logging in without issues.
Why reset an Arris router modem
While it may not be frequent, in some events resetting the Arris router is the only way to get it back into working form. Some commonplace router problems are usually resolved by rebooting, but sometimes that may not be the case. If you suspect advanced router settings have been tinkered with, resetting may be necessary. A hard reset erases all configuration changes made to the device and restores it back to the factory settings.
When you see the following router problems becoming persistent, a reset may be the best thing on the cards!
- Router access UI has become inaccessible or it freezes suddenly
- The router has trouble logging into the network
- It has a very low access speed
- It gets disconnected a lot
How to reset an Arris router modem?
- To hard reset the router, you will have to use the reset button. This is usually a small round button, recessed at the back side of the device.
- You may have to use nails or a pin to press the button.
- Press it for 10 seconds and then release it.
- Now, the device will get restored to default settings and it will reboot.
- After the reboot is done, you will have to go through the initial setup using default values.
If you find the router modem is still not working as it should after a factory level reset, something may be wrong with its hardware or accessories. You should check for any damage to the Ethernet cable that is being used for connection. The power adapter of the device has to be checked as well. If all these are also in good shape, you may have to contact the company for a thorough inspection.