Pace Router or the Pace Plc used to be that brand which made British Branded Set-Top boxes. Later it merged with the Arris brand and started to produce Pace router. Pace 5268AC is one of the best routers of this Arris group. You will be amazed to know it’s features like :
- You will get gigabit Wifi along with four gigabits ETH – slots, not the USB Slots.
After having this strong router in hand, it’s time to make changes, so just enter the gateway of 5268AC. This router Pace 5268AC is also known as Pace Wireless 802.11 AC DSL Residential access. So if you are facing an issue with this gateway, then this post will definitely help you out. Check this out, and scroll down the whole article.
The things you need:
While you are going to log in to the default gateway you will need some basic things to get enter into the Pace Router,
- Never use your tablet, smartphone or any such device, you just need a proper system from which you can access the web browser.
- For the Username and Password, you can bring your old router box as it contains that data by default.
Now come to the Pace Router login step:
You can do this login without any interruption, just follow these 5 steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Enter the login IP address in a browser
Without the IP address, you wouldn’t be able to access the default gateway, remember a login IP address is always unique which helps you to get the access to Router. You can put this 192.168.1.254 as the IP address of Pace.
Step 2: Time to enter the valid Credentials, Username & Password
Giving the appropriate IP address will take you directly to the default login page of Pace router. Now just put the required Username and Password.
Default Username – None
Default Password – None
You can get the credentials from the router box, it is already printed there. If you have lost your box, then don’t worry, just simply reset the router, just press and hold the reset button for 10 to 15sec. After this, now put the default login details.
There is another way, that is the official site of Arris, and note down the default username and password.
Step 3: Change the SSID:
SSID means the wifi stations, the Service Set Identifier, click on the network tab and you can notice that SSID. It may be PACE 501 or PACE501 _5G. Make sure you change the default credentials, otherwise, it can be guessed easily, so it’s better to change. You can search the new SSID, or go to the network name tab, and replace that.
Replaced it with a user-friendly name like it’s hard to guess.
- Make sure it is easy, simple and short
- Don’t make it complex that it can put you in trouble.
- Better to avoid any personal information as router name, like your name, date of birth.
Step 4: Time to set up the login details of PACE PLC 5268AC
Want to log in successfully? Then quickly change the default router login details. Don’t allow anyone to assume your default setting and password. If anyone can able to access your internet, that can harm your data too. Change the username and passwords as per the guidelines are given below:
Advice to change your Username and Password
- Password must contain alphabet as well as numeric or any special character, just to make it strong.
- Make sure password is 8-16 character long and too much complete to remember.
- Username must be easy and user-friendly that you can remember it
- Write down the username and password for PACE5268AC.
Step 5: Secure the router settings of 5268AC
Make sure to check encryptions settings of the default gateway of PACE5268AC. For a secure result set the encryption to the current industry standard like WPA2-PSK. This is the best setting which provides you the best security level.
How to solve the Issues of PACE 5268AC
- What if the Password is not working
This is a common thing that you may face this. It may happen due to two reasons.
1st: You are doing some mistake while given the password and second you may not aware of the default security key. In both cases, you need to find out the default password to get the access or resetting the router and then enter the default password.
2. What should you do if you Forget Password of PACE 5268C
If you are sure that you haven’t change the default security of your router then you can easily get that default one from the router box or you can call the customer care of Arris or you can ask the support of your local internet service provider. If you are one of those users who have changed the default password and forget that by anyhow, then there is only one solution that is reset your router and use that default password to set new login details or the security key.
3. Check out the Reset Procedure of PACE Router
Resetting the router is not rocket science. You can simply do this by following two simple steps.
- Whenever you turn on your router, you will notice a tiny reset button which you need to press and hold for 20 to 30 sec, you can use a paper clip to get a good grip.
- Make sure that power off the router, while holding the reset button, hold it at least 30 sec.
- Now turn on the power and again press and hold the reset button for 30 sec.
Now it is ready to use, access that with full security.