Routers have become an essential tool for office as well as home use. As newer technologies are coming out, the demand for routers with advanced technology has increased highly. Technicolor router provides cutting-edge technology to its customers. The customers can find the essence of creativity and innovation in every Technicolor product.
It manufactures and develops high-quality routers that deliver excellent performance. One should try Technicolor routers for better results. To use such technology, you have to set up in the right way.
Setting up a Technicolor Router for your laptop/desktop computer
To log in into your Technicolor router, you will need a username and password. Moreover, you will also need the Internal IP Address of your Technicolor router. Every router runs with the help of a firmware. All network configurations are stored in the firmware. For Technicolor router login process, you have to access the router login page. The steps for setting up a Technicolor router are given below.
- The first and foremost thing is to connect cables to the right places. ADSL users should plug the phone cable into the DSL port. Fiber users must plug the Ethernet cable from the ONT into the port labeled as LAN 4.
- Now switch on the router and connect it to laptop/PC with the help of the other 3 LAN ports.
- After doing all this, your next task is to open any browser that you prefer. However, it is recommended to use Chrome, Firefox or opera to avoid any issue while setting up the router.
- You have to enter the IP address of your Technicolor router. It is needed to access the web interface of the Technicolor router for logging in. Most of the Technicolor router uses the same default IP address, but some don’t follow the standards. You can try typing 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.1.1 depending on your model. If they don’t work for you, then you have to find your Technicolor’s router IP address.
- All Technicolor routers have two IP addresses including external as well as internal. For configuring your router, you have to connect to the internal IP address.
Setting up a Technicolor Router and logging in
When you are done with the setup of the Technicolor router on your laptop/PC, then you have to log in now. For logging in, you can follow the following steps.
- When you reach the login page after typing your IP address, then you have to login by providing proper details. Your credentials should be right so that you can log in successfully.
- Enter your router’s username and password. If you don’t know, then you can search it or ask from your ISP provider. You can also reset it if the password is unavailable to you.
- After logging in, you will be redirected to the home screen. On the home screen, most common functions of your wireless gateway are shown. Users can click on an option to access functions.
- Choose Media Access Gateway from the menu located on your left hand. It will launch the MWEB Setup Wizard.
- The next step is to select the type of connection. You can choose the option that suits your connection. ASDL users and some fiber users will choose Routed PPP, and some other Fibre users go for Routed IPOE. Click on next after the appropriate selection.
- If you wish then change the admin password of the router interface. It will increase security. We will advise you to write it down somewhere when you reset the password. You have to reset the router after forgetting the password.
What to do if login doesn’t work?
It might happen that you will face issues while trying to log in and set up the Technicolor router. In that situation, check the Ethernet cable and other connections. Moreover, check if Ethernet port is activated or deactivated. Go to the ‘Network and Sharing center’ in your control panel and then to ‘Change Adapter Settings.’
If the default IP address isn’t working, then go to Network and Sharing center again. When it opens, click on LAN connection. Now, a small window will pop-up. Click on the details tab to get your IPv4 Default Gateway.
Even after reading this login guide, if you face any issue, then visit Technicolor support page. There are login guides available for different models.